The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by FICC Markets Standards Board Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FICC Markets Standards Board Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, FICC Markets Standards Board Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Your privacy is critically important to us and we wish you to know:
• We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
• We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
• We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
• We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
• We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Basic Membership Information: We ask for basic information from our members and users such as name, company name and email address.
• Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or post a comment.
Information We Collect Automatically
• Log Information: We may collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
• Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage of our services.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We may collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We may use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
• To provide, further develop and improve our services;
• To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve our services and make them easier to use;
• To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our website, and better understand user retention and attrition;
• To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property;
• To communicate with you, for example through an email to, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date; and
• To personalise your experience using our services, provide content recommendations.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
1) The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with; or
2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our services, or to monitor and prevent any problems with our services; or
5) You have given us your consent.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you.
• Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of FICC Markets Standards Board Limited, third parties, or the public at large.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
• Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it – which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information – and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you are a member or user, you can choose not to provide profile information.
• Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving informational messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of informational messages, we may still send you other messages, for example legal notices.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
• Request access to your personal data;
• Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
• Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
• Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
• Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
FICC Markets Standards Board Limited is the controller of personal information, which means that we are responsible for processing that information.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know