Financial Markets Standards Board (FMSB) today welcomed abrdn to be part of the market-led, global standards body for fair and effective wholesale financial markets.
abrdn joins FMSB’s membership of market participants which represents all users of global wholesale markets: asset managers, global corporates, financial data and infrastructure providers, wholesale and investment banks.
Gareth Murphy, Chief Risk Officer, abrdn, said: “We are looking forward to joining FMSB and to contributing to its important work shaping standards which support transparent, fair and effective wholesale financial markets to operate in the best interests of our clients and market participants.”
Myles McGuinness, CEO, FMSB, said: “We are pleased to welcome abrdn as a Member. Having asset managers set standards with their counterparts from the wholesale financial markets is critical to making the markets fairer and more effective.
“We have a busy agenda for 2023 and look forward to abrdn’s contribution to FMSB’s pursuit of fairer and more effective global financial markets, strengthening trust in wholesale financial markets.”
Notes to editors
At abrdn, we enable our clients to plan, save and invest for their futures. We structure our business into three areas – and together they reflect our focus on enabling our clients to be better investors:
• Investments: We work with clients to create solutions across asset classes, regions and markets globally – combining multi-layered research and market insights with technology and diverse thinking.
• Adviser: We offer market-leading platform technology and tools that enable UK wealth managers and financial advisers to create more opportunity for their business and their clients.
• Personal: We help people throughout the UK plan for their financial futures – through our financial planning business and our digital investing services.
Across our investments, adviser and personal businesses we manage and administer £508.4 billion of assets for our clients, and abrdn plc has over 1 million shareholders. (Figures as at 30 June 2022.)
Our investments are built on an insight strength that comes from multi-layered research and a large global footprint. Our teams collaborate across multiple capabilities, to create forward-thinking solutions that aim to meet our clients’ needs and deliver more sustainable outcomes. Our investments business manages £386.3 billion on behalf of individuals, governments, pension funds, insurers, companies, charities and foundations (as at 30 June 2022) – with support and expertise from 800 investment specialists in over 30 locations.
• The Financial Markets Standards Board (FMSB) is a standards setting body for the wholesale financial markets.
• Created out of the Fair and Effective Markets Review (FEMR) in 2015, FMSB brings together its members from buy side, sell side, global corporate and infrastructure provider organisations to develop standards, spotlight reviews and statements of good practice that raise standards of behaviour, competence and awareness – to promote the fairness and effectiveness of wholesale financial markets.
• As well as standard setting, subject matter experts from member firms debate issues in working groups and are able to benchmark their approaches against industry peers, thus helping to lift standards of conduct.
• Other asset management Members of FMSB include BlackRock and Invesco. Our full membership list is here.
Media Relations Manager
M +44 (0) 7711 774017
Head of Comms
M +44 (0) 7787 08 3681