12 May 2023 – The Financial Markets Standards Board (FMSB) today welcomed DTCC Europe Limited, a subsidiary of The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), to be part of the market-led, global standards body for fair and effective wholesale financial markets. DTCC is a leading post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry.
DTCC joins FMSB’s membership of industry participants from the sell-side, buy-side and corporations, as well as key financial data and infrastructure providers.
Michalis Sotiropoulos, Executive Director, DTCC, said: “We are pleased to be joining FMSB following our participation in the Bank of England’s Post-Trade Task Force, which moved to FMSB last year. We look forward to contributing to FMSB’s important role in further developing and delivering on the Task Force’s recommendations, as well as to shaping Standards which support transparent, fair and effective wholesale financial markets.”
FMSB, CEO Myles McGuinness, said: “DTCC will bring interesting views to the table, having already added vital inputs to the work we took on from the Post-Trade Task Force in April 2022. Post-trade is of vital importance to the whole financial ecosystem.”
Notes to editors
- With 50 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry.
- From 20 locations around the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralises, and standardises the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers.
- Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets.
- In 2022, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at US $2.5 quadrillion.
- Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from over 150 countries and territories valued at US $72 trillion.
- DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes more than 17.5 billion messages annually.
- To learn more, please visit dtcc.com or connect on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- The Financial Markets Standards Board (FMSB) is a standards setting body for the wholesale financial markets.
- Created out of the Fair and Effective Markets Review (FEMR) in 2015, FMSB brings together its members from buy-side, sell-side, corporate issuer and infrastructure providers to develop Standards, Statements of Good Practice and Spotlight Reviews that raise standards of behaviour, competence and awareness – to promote the fairness and effectiveness of wholesale financial markets.
- As well as standard setting, subject matter experts from member firms debate issues in working groups and are able to benchmark their approaches against industry peers, thus helping to lift standards of conduct.
- Our full membership list is here.
Head of Communications